Juvenile Correctional Officer
450 Crescent Drive Gainesville, GA 30501 United States of America
Positively impact the lives of youth in the care of the department through the collaborative creation and maintenance of a safe, therapeutic, and educational environment in facilities. Provide support, guidance, and structure for our detained youth by modeling, encouraging, and reinforcing pro-social behaviors to include patience, empathy, cooperation, professionalism, and respect.
• Assumes responsibility for the custody, security, and care of youth through adherence to policies and standard operating procedures governing the department.
• Provides direct support, guidance, and structure for detained youth with an emphasis on safety, personal conduct, care, and rehabilitation.
• Provides security through contraband searches, security counts, and supervision of assigned youth in housing units, classroom areas, and other facility areas; and performs security checks of various assigned areas.
• Maintains order and discipline by intervening with youth through active supervision and controlling inappropriate youth behavior to maintain a safe and secure environment. Supervises the movement and transition of youth, both within and outside of designated facilities, in transit to and from other facilities, and during temporary leave.
• Promotes the development of adaptive behavior in youth through the use of positive reinforcements, effective redirection and verbal coaching, and active modeling of desired behaviors.
• Screens visitors and staff upon entry to a secure facility to control contraband and prevent unauthorized access.
• Utilizes various security equipment and technology to successfully support the safety and well-being of youth served in facilities.
• High school diploma or GED AND any combination of training and experience which would enable the applicant to meet the minimum standards of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) OR Current and valid Georgia P.O.S.T. certification
• Must have valid Driver License.