Social Services Case Manager
877 Battle Creek Road Jonesboro, GA 30236 United States of America
Social Services Case Manager
• Provides investigative and comprehensive case management for a caseload involving child/adult abuse or neglect.
• Makes immediate and follow-up actions for at risk clients in need of protective services and/or placement.
• Initiates timely, face-to-face responses to screened-in reports of alleged child maltreatment and conducts assessments that identify and address safety concerns.
• Addresses identified safety concerns by immediately developing and implementing safety plans.
• Conducts diligent search efforts to locate the child/family when unable to make contact.
• Implements Solution Based Casework (SBC).
• Partners with child(ren) and parents in the development and utilization of the Family Functioning Agreement, Action Plan, and Family Plan to achieve desired individual and family-level outcomes.
• Completes genograms to identify available family support network.
• Collaborates with community partners to create systems of support for children and families.
• Ensures that frequency and quality of visits with children and families are adequate to ensure safety, permanency, and well-being.
• Identifies the physical, educational, and mental/behavioral health needs of children, parents, and foster parents and ensures identified needs were effectively addressed.
• Establishes permanency goals for the child(ren).
• Ensures foster care placements and/or living situations are stable and in the best interests of the child(ren) and are consistent with achieving established permanency goal(s).
• Makes concerted efforts to achieve permanency for children in a timely manner and consistent with regulations contained in the Adoptions and Safe Families Act.
• Ensures that siblings in foster care are placed together unless a separation is necessary to meet the needs of one of the siblings.
• Maintains child's connections to his or her neighborhood, community, faith, extended family, tribe, school, and friends.
• Promotes, supports, and otherwise maintains a positive and nurturing relationship between the child(ren) in care and their biological parents/caretakers by encouraging and facilitating activities and interactions beyond visitation.
• Documents case management activities within time frames established by policy.
• Celebrates positive outcomes with child(ren) and family.
• Utilizes privately owned vehicle for work-related travel and duties (including transportation of children).
• May routinely serve on after-hours on-call duty.
• Embraces ongoing learning and professional development opportunities.
•Bachelor's degree in social work related field
• Must have license or certification
•Must have valid driver's license
•Completion of supervised clinical experience
•Key Skills: good listening, organizational, interpersonal skills, compassionate, problem-solving, and time management skills
•Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel Spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, presentation, and medical software programs