Tax Examiner I- IRP
Atlanta, GA 30349 US
Under direct supervision, trains to determine tax liability or collects taxes from individuals or business firms according to prescribed laws and regulations.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Checks forms to verify taxpayer data and ensures that supporting documentation is correctly computed and complete
- Collects taxes from individuals and businesses according to prescribed laws and regulations
- Confers with taxpayers or their representatives to discuss or explain routine issues, laws, and regulations involved in returns/claims and to resolve related problems
- Creates, updates, audits, and/or maintains records, documents, and databases with taxpayer information
- Examines and processes tax documents within area of assignment
- May coordinate with outside units or Departmental authorities to ensure accurate assessment, adjustment, and crediting of taxpayer accounts
- Monitors claims, requests, returns, and payments to insure timely processing and compliance with agency, state, and federal laws
- Performs computer research or basic investigation to gather additional data
- Provide excellent customer service mostly through written and electronic correspondence, but on occasions by phone or in person.
- Examine applications thoroughly, yet in the most efficient manner possible. And then being able to enter this data into our system.
- Ability to thrive in a production environment.
- Ability to be flexible enough to handle different functions within the unit over the course of a shift.
Associate degree in accounting, bookkeeping, or related area from an accredited college or university OR One year of related experience preferred.
Required Documentation and screenings: Background