Tax Examiner I
4125 Welcome All RD Atlanta, GA 30349 United States of America
Under direct supervision, the tax examiner will perform a wide range of tax processing duties and support activities for the unit.
Process returns to determine tax liability from individual taxpayers and fiduciary trusts and estates according to prescribed laws and regulations.
Checks forms, and research taxpayer provided information to verify taxpayer data, and ensures that supporting documentation is correctly computed and complete.
Examines and processes tax documents within area of assignment for Individual and Fiduciary tax types for accuracy, and compliance with the agency, state, and federal laws.
Processes work items including and unit’s actionable incoming tax-related documents in the Integrated Tax System (ITS).
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
Associate's degree in accounting, bookkeeping or related area from an accredited college or university OR One year of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Organized and detail-oriented; demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines.
• Using Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Efficient and quick
• Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting.
• Work environment; must meet or exceed minimum production standards.
• Attendance is critical!
o Must be available to work full-time (40 hrs per week.)
o Vacations & appointments should be taken care of prior to assignment
o No absences for the first 30 days
• Assignment should last about six months, and could be shorter or longer depending on
work volumes and performance