Norcross, GA 30093 US
The Underwriter will work with Processors and the CDF team, review processed applications, assess eligibility and if eligible, determine the amount of assistance to be provided.
- Collect appropriate and accurate information required to assess potential clients and decide on the acceptable risk for a policy.
- Review policy applications based on the previous loss records, age, medical report, credit ratings and driving records.
- Prepare reports that detail risk assessment findings that contribute to the final decision.
- Compare various policies having similar risk undertaking and conduct actuarial studies to decide on the company s loss records.
- Evaluate policies with regards to the company s underwriting standards.
- Make a decision to accept, modify or reject an insurance application after scrutiny of all the required documents and studies regarding the risk involved.
- Analyze statistical data using specialized computer programs.
- Write quotes, determine premiums and coverage, and negotiate terms with brokers and clients.
- Carefully select the wording of policies, and prepare the terms and conditions.
- Handle queries from credit control departments, brokers and clients.
- Degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- Two years of experience as an Underwriter.
- Analytical thinker with research proficiencies.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Brilliant IT, math and statistical skills.
- Deep knowledge of underwriting regulations.
- Ability to build positive relationships and partnerships with clients, brokers and key role-players.